I've been listening to the audio-bible on Genesis as I want to be more familiar with the bible.
A few things I have learnt and a few touched my heart:
1) God said, "we shall created man in our own image."
2) That after man sinned against God, He prepared a salvation plan immediately and clothed them.
3) Enoch walked with God.
4) Having Noah to build an ark - salvation for man in that generation. God used rainbow to make a covenant with man, which no great floods shall destroy the world. His promise is perpetual.
5) God's friendship with Abraham and Sara. God is very approachable: eating with Abraham, joking with Sara, and allow Abraham to discuss with Him about the city of Sodom.
5) Abraham offered Isaac, and God was touched by His faith for Abraham even can give to God his most loved only begotten son.
6) Abraham is a discipline man, with well-trained servants, not getting possessions from the kings, and insist to pay for his place for dead.
But to sum up, I realize that if I rely on God, I can truly be fearless. Often I'm troubled by my situation and be spiritually short-sighted, not brave enough to do what I suppose to be doing, which shows my lack of faith in His provision. I want to learn from Abraham, to do what's right AND knowing that He must remember me and bless me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have made it so anyone can post. So don't be shy! And if you are, don't tell me your name, easy pisy :)