Sunday, 4 December 2011

Poem: Let me UN-stalker You

Remember in early September, I was with the brothers drawing near to God at a park. We read Psalm 139 together and below poem was my response at that time. Especially at this time when exams are approaching, I feel the need to be closer to Him and the need to realize His delight and intimacy to me. As sister V said in the meeting, the key to a good relationship with God is that if I have treated Him as a friend, as someone I love.

---What a Stalker You Are---

What a stalker you are,
Who secretly love me -
search me to know me
I'm transparent,
can't hide from your eyes.
You see me from afar -
my rising up and sitting down.

What a stalker you are,
You secretly follow me -
acquainted with me everywhere.
With thoughts about me brimming,
Lord I am your splendor.

Such knowledge is too high to reach,
and such intimacy is too precious to teach.
You're always my background.
Your presence is important to me.
Let me focus on You,
place You before my eyes,
Lord be my foreground.

Lord, when I shut the window, close the curtain; when I hide in my room, it's I who've made You my stalker.

Let me reverse that,
But welcome You with love and smile,
Let me walk with You.
Lord, you are my very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have made it so anyone can post. So don't be shy! And if you are, don't tell me your name, easy pisy :)

Labels

Guitar (2) How to (3) Piano (3)